Booking T&Cs – www.machrieview.co.uk
All bookings are subject to agreeing to the terms and conditions.
We strive to ensure that our client’s interest is always protected before making any booking. Please read and ensure you are happy with our terms and conditions.
Booking, Confirmation & Payment
- The lead guest who makes the booking will be responsible for all persons included in the booking and should ensure that they are aware of all the booking conditions.
- We permit only the named guests to occupy the property, at any time, for license/insurance restrictions. Any change of names must be informed to us prior to arrival.
- You must be at least 18 years old to make a booking with us.
- All bookings made through the online booking system are provisional until confirmed by email. Your contract with ‘Machrie View’ is made once your booking confirmation email has been received.
- If you are booking within 60 days of your stay, we ask for 100% of the cost of the stay as a non-refundable payment and by making a full or deposit payment you are accepting these terms and conditions.
- If you are booking more than 60 days in advance, we ask for 25% of the cost of the stay as a non-refundable deposit, the remainder 75% is due 60 days prior to the stay, which is also then non-refundable.
- You can choose to pay by bank transfer without incurring any additional fees, or by debit or credit card, which incurs a 3% surcharge.
- Once we have received your payment in cleared funds, we will send you confirmation email and request that you inform us (within 7 days) if any details are incorrect.
- We will send you a reminder email when your balance is due, but if we do not receive the balance by the due date, we will assume you no longer want the holiday and we will cancel your reservation.
- We welcome guests with restricted mobility, a disability, medical or particular care requirements. It is important that we are fully appraised of any needs, requirements and conditions prior to any booking being concluded. Please give us a call and we will be happy to discuss with you availability, suitability and potential reasonable adjustments to accommodate any specific needs.
Cancelling or changing your reservation
- If you need to change the date of your stay we will be as flexible as possible to accommodate your wishes; dates can be amended up to 60 days before your stay (subject to availability). Within 60 days weeks of your stay this will be treated as a cancellation.
- If you cancel more than 60 days before your holiday, the deposit is non-refundable. For cancellations within 60 days of your stay the full payment is non-refundable.
- We will always endeavour to re-let the property and if we are successful, we will allow you to transfer your holiday to alternate dates.
- We cannot accept responsibility or liability for any alterations, delay or cancellation or any other loss or damage caused by war, civil strife, terrorist action, industrial disputes, fire, sickness, bad weather, epidemics, acts of any government or public authority, changes imposed by re-scheduling of travel plans or any other event outside our control.
- We recommend and expect that you will have or will take out a holiday insurance policy (which includes cancellation insurance covering sickness and unavoidable reasons including bad weather for cancellation) prior to their stay.
- We reserve the right to refuse any booking and to cancel any bookings already made if the property is unavailable (e.g. through fire, flood, etc) for any reason whatsoever, subject to a full refund of all monies paid (but no further liability).
During your holiday
- We permit only the lead guest and members of the stated party at the time of booking to occupy the property for license/insurance restrictions. If this limitation is exceeded, we reserve the right to terminate your stay immediately and no refund will be made.
- We reserve the right to decline any booking or refuse to hand over a key to any person who has not complied with the booking conditions.
- Accidents do happen but please take reasonable care of the property and its contents; basically, leave it as you found it. If you do break or damage anything, please let us know so that we can remedy it for you, or at least for the next guest.
- Whilst we do not take a formal security deposit, we do reserve the right to charge you for additional costs incurred due to repair, replacement or loss as a result of damage caused during your stay. These charges can include but are not limited to; costs for excessive cleaning required if the property is not left as you found it, costs for repair or replacement due to damage caused, costs for what is considered by the owners as unreasonable use of utilities.
- By making a full or deposit payment you are accepting these terms and conditions and therefore you are agreeing to pay for such repair, replacement or loss as a result of damage caused by you or member of your party. Costs will be charged to you after your stay and will need to be paid within seven days of receipt.
- To allow us to fully prepare the lodge, you should arrive after 3pm and vacate by 10am on the day of departure unless otherwise agreed with us.
- Well behaved pets are allowed. To accommodate the additional cleaning requirements a modest additional fee will be applied which should be made at the time of booking. Pets must be kept off beds. If damage or excessive extra cleaning is caused by pets, you will be billed for that charge.
- Please take care of your own items during your stay; personal belongings and vehicles (together with their contents) are left at the Property entirely at your own risk.
- The lodge adopts a strict No Smoking policy, however smoking is permitted in the outdoor spaces.
- During your stay please consider others, neighbours, the owners and next guests.
- To allow us to provide you with the very best accommodation and facilities, the owner or a representative may need access to the property during your stay to carry out maintenance.
- Wireless Internet access is provided. The facility is not subject to any security/filtering measures and requires continuous parental supervision when used by children. We reserve the right to disclose your name and address to our Internet service provider if we discover that you or a member of your party illegally downloaded content from the Internet or otherwise engaged in unlawful activity whilst using this facility.
- If the worst happens and we have to ask you to leave because of your behaviour or, even worse, you decide to you do not want to stay for the duration of your reservation this will be treated as you cancelling your reservation and we therefore we will not be able to refund or compensate you in any way.
Communication & Marketing
- For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, all personal and other information and details collected by us in the course of our business, belong to us and will not be disclosed to any third party except to the Property Owner (and/or his representatives) in connection with a reservation.
- Provided you have not indicated otherwise, we may use your personal information for marketing our services in the future. We will in any event never transfer your details to any other third party.
- Please contact us if you wish to be removed from our marketing lists at any time in the future.
Complaints & Liability
- The property description and all details both written and verbal are given in good faith and believed to be correct, but interpretation thereof can be subjective and as such their accuracy cannot be guaranteed.
- No complaints can be considered unless notified during the guest’s stay in the property. It is the duty of guests to minimize any loss to them and therefore it is their responsibility to inform the owner at the earliest possible opportunity of any problem. Complaints received after departure cannot be accepted if the owner had no opportunity to resolve the complaint at the time.
- The owner cannot accept responsibility for any material loss, damage, additional expense or inconvenience directly or indirectly caused by or arising out of the property, its plumbing, gas, electrical, entertainment services, or exceptional weather.
- This contract will be governed by Scottish Law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts.
And finally !
If you have any further questions we will be glad to assist you.
Contact – www.machrieview.co.uk/contact-us/
We want our visitors and guests to feel comfortable and safe when they visit us. We have implemented procedures throughout the property to ensure every aspect of your stay is as safe as possible and follows the most up-to date government guidelines.